We take our clients' financial privacy very seriously.
During the course of processing your application, we accumulate non-public personal financial information from you and from other sources about your income, your assets, and your credit history in order to allow a lender to make an informed decision about granting you credit. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Collection of Information
We collect nonpublic information about you from the following sources: Information we receive from you on applications or other forms Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency Non-personally identifiable information about you in a number of ways, including tracking your activities through your IP address or most-recently-visited URL Personally identifiable information when you voluntarily submit contact information to us, such as name, phone, email address, and mailing address by filling out a form or survey, registering your email address with us or emailing us. We may also collect personal information from you at other points on our site that state that personal information is being collected.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
Use of Information
We use personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information for internal marketing purposes, for trend analysis, for pattern detection, and for site administration. however, we do not personally identifiable information collected from the website to send unsolicited mailings to you. Of course, if applicable, we do use personally identifiable information to perform the services for which such data was collected (i.e., if you sign up for an email newsletter, we will send the email newsletter to the address you provide us.). We provide you the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, if you purchase a product/ service but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference on by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in the footer of the email. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at the reply address of the email or you may contact us by phone at 1-866-855-8522.
Third Party Sites
This policy on addresses our activities from our servers. Other sites (including those that we link to within an advertisement, article, or otherwise, and third party sites or services with which we offer or co-brand) may have their own policies, which we do not control, and thus are not addressed by this policy.
Review and Removal of your Personally Identifiable Data
If you provide us with personally identifiable information to have us perform ongoing services to you, we will provide you with a way to review the information we have on file and either change or remove such data. To do so, please notify us via post or email at the address above and we will provide you with your contact information for review. To make changes, send us the changes and we will respond to your request for access within thirty (30) days of the request. Unfortunately, to the extent that such information is also stored in other databases, we cannot always ensure that such corrections or deletions will reach the other databases. If you wish to have information you provided to us online removed from our records, please provide us with the information as you submitted it to us at the address above. We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your information is removed from our records.
Cookies and other Tracking Methods
When you view our website, we might store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a "cookie" or similar file. Cookies are small pieces of information sorted on your hard drive, not on our site. Cookies, which are tied to personal information, do not spy on you or otherwise invade your privacy, and they cannot invade your hard drive and steal information. Rather, they help you navigate a website as easily as possible. Cookies can help us provide information that is targeted to your interests and they allow us to better understand how users us our site, which in turn helps us focus our resources on features that are most popular with our users. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our site, including our registered customer account web sites may not work properly in that case.
Third Party Tracking
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
We use industry-standard methods to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access. Among other techniques, we usually store such information on a computer behind our "firewall" in a secure location, and we often restrict the number of employees internally who can access such data. Of course, there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet.
Amendments to this policy will be posted at this URL and will be effective when posted.
Changes In This Privacy Statement
California Consumer Privacy Act Policy
This Privacy Notice is specific to California residents and applies to visitors, users, and others who reside in the state of California. This Privacy Notice supplements the information contained in the AnnieMac Home Mortgage ("AnnieMac") Privacy Notice. California residents (hereinafter referred to as "Consumers") have rights regarding their information as outlined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") and other California privacy laws. All terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, and describes, references, may be associated with, or could be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device, known as "personal information." The information outlined below outlines what we have and have not collected from consumers within the last twelve (12) months.
As defined in the CCPA, personal information does not include the following:
- Publicly available information from government records
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope including, but may not be limited to:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Personal information covered by federal privacy laws, include the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994
AnnieMac obtains the collected information outlined above through the following means:
- Directly or indirectly from activity on the AnnieMac website. For example, form submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
- Directly from our consumers or their agents. For example, information directly provided by you or by someone on your behalf.
- From third-parties that may interact with us in connection with the services we provide. For example, information provided by third-parties
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share information to obtain a quote or receive information regarding a product or service, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. We may also save your information to market new products and services to you.
- To provide you with support, information and to respond to your inquiries.
- To provide you with email campaigns and other notices specific to our products or services that may be of interest to you.
- To complete a transaction that is covered under the requirements set forth in CCPA.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories, as previously defined in the Information We Collect section, of personal information for a business purpose:
- Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- Professional or employment-related information
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers that are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information.Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you to following:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business purposes for collecting or selling that personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information;
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request);
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We will also direct our service providers to delete your personal information from their records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.)
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by utilizing one of the following methods:
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a twelve (12) month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.Response Timing and Format
We will make a good faith effort to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to ninety (90) days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a form to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not engage in the following:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services;
- Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you through a notice on our website homepage. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.